F&W’s Ray Isle created pairing principles for the world’s most important wines, then the F&W Test Kitchen came up with stellar recipes to match. The result: 15 simple rules that will steer you to the best wine and food pairings ever.
1. Champagne is perfect with anything salty.
2. Sauvignon Blanc goes with tart dressings and sauces.
3. Choose Grüner Veltliner when a dish has lots of fresh herbs.
4. Pinot Grigio pairs well with light fish dishes.
5. Choose Chardonnay for fatty fish or fish in a rich sauce.
6. Off-Dry Riesling pairs with sweet & spicy dishes.
7. Moscato d’Asti loves fruit desserts.
8. Rosé Champagne is great with dinner, not just hors d’oeuvres.
9. Pair a dry Rosé with rich, cheesy dishes.
10. Pinot Noir is great for dishes with earthy flavors.
11. Old World wines and Old World dishes are intrinsically good together.
12. Malbec won’t be overshadowed by sweet-spicy barbecue sauces.
13. Choose Zinfandel for pâtés, mousses and terrines.
14. Cabernet Sauvignon is fabulous with juicy red meat.
15. Syrah matches with highly spiced dishes.
Source: Food & Wine
Press Enter To Begin Your Search
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.