CÔTES DU ROUSSILLON LE CADET DE LAURIGA
The winegrower: Jacqueline Clar
Alc.: 13% vol
Available in: 75cl, 50cl
Grape Variety(ies): 70% Syrah, 20% Carignan, 10% Grenache
Type of soil: Shingles soils and clayey‐chalky terraces
Yield: 35 hl/ha
Age of the vine: 25 years
Harvest: Manual harvest
Carignan grapes are harvested by hand and quickly sorted on the parcel, in view of the excellent state of health of the 2007 harvest. The grapes were then put whole into vats saturated with carbon dioxide. They underwent carbonic maceration for a week under strict temperature control to be part of the Cadet de Lauriga blend. Grenache Noir and Syrah grapes were destemmed on arrival at the winery. Fermentation was carried out under strict temperature control. Regular tastings determined the number and duration of ‘remontages’ or pumping‐over to be done. Part of the Syrah grapes was vinified by carbonic maceration.
Maturing: Raised into vats
Aging potential: Laying down: 6 to 7 years
It has a deep red colour and aromas of red berries, liquorice, black olive and spices. The palate is dominantly round with velvety tannins.
Good match with cold pork‐meat, grilled meat or white meat. To serve at 18° C.
• SILVER Concours général agricole de paris 2012 (ARGENT)
• GOLD Concours des vins de Lyon 2012 ( Med. D’Or)
• Guide Hachette des vins 2012 (1* )
• GOLD Medal concours des vignerons Independants 2013 ( Med. D’or)
• Gold Medal C. des Grands Vins du Languedoc Roussillon 2012. (Méd. d’or)
• Silver Medal C. des Vins de France à Mâcon 2012 (Méd. d’argent)